Fiona is passionate about resolving local issues and ensuring that residents’ voices are heard. In her role as Councillor, she regularly meets with residents and attends community events to discuss local issues.
Fiona has worked tirelessly to upgrade and improve the local area, and is proud of her achievements including:
- Upgrades to local parks, such as dog off leash areas, exercise equipment, sporting facilities, new playgrounds, BBQ facilities and seating
- Increased accessibility and services at local libraries, including the Grange Library refurbishment, and the new Chermside Library, which opened in 2017
- Developments for local bikeways, including completion of the North Brisbane Bikeway – Chermside to Aspley project in 2017, and extension of the Kedron Brook Bikeway – Shand St connection in 2016 -2017
- New lighting and playing surfaces for local sporting fields, as well as irrigation upgrades
- A record commitment to road resurfacing, and major road upgrades such as the Geebung Overpass, and the Murphy Rd/Ellison Rd intersection upgrade (construction beginning in late 2018)
The annual Lanham Park May Fair, hosted by Fiona and Rotary Club of Brisbane Inner North, which celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2018.